Monday, July 12, 2010

Changing of the Guard


That's my boss, Zana Price, head chef at Provedore, performing that end of evening ritual seen in restaurants around the world: ordering stock for the days to come. I worked with her for the last time on Sunday; she's leaving to take the helm at another establishment here in Napier. Zana's been a wealth of knowledge, and has done her best to knock some of that expertise into my noggin, right up until her last day. She has shown me so much, and been generous with both her time and patience; it's helped shape and form this new chef, and for that, I am very, very grateful.

Thank you, chef. Ngā mihi rā mō ngā rā kei mua i te aroaro - all the best for the future.

4 comments:

{call me satch} said...

beautiful x

Mel said...

This was a very heartening post to read!

We missed you on Saturday, but hopefully you can make it to our next gathering.

Alessandra said...

What a cool photo, did you take it?

Hey, thank you for the compliment over there, so sweeet. But I should tell you: I never win competitions here, at the end of the day I am not Kiwi enough hahahaha!

Did you enter?

In any case, if I were to win you could have my ticket to go and see Rick Stein :-)

Nigel Olsen said...

P3P - ta very much :)

Mel - Yeah, I've been reading the posts of all the folk involved. Finger's crossed for the next one!

Alessandra - Yep, I took it, & you're welcome! Hey, I wonder if I could trouble you for a copy of your mirtillino recipe? I'll trade you something for it, if you like.